Friday 29 March 2013

Busy People, Happy Days

We've had a busy few days down south, the drive down is enough to make the kids insane without adding a new environment and way more stimulation and excitement than normal.
I have spent the better part of the last few days shopping, I don't think I have bought anything for me yet, but the kids are well dressed and fed. It's nice to just window shop also, an opportunity I don't have very often these days.
We have been bouncing between getting settled in the most non child friendly house in the world and new places to explore. This has meant the kids are so far out of routine that I have just given up. Cupcakes for breakfast? Sure! Cold soggy chips for lunch? Ok! Chocolate for dinner? Right on!!
I know I am not doing myself any favours but we've been missing the usual things like mealtimes and naps and it's getting us through.
Husband has gone back up north and is at work, he'll come back later. I think I am doing fairly well on my own, nothing too catastrophic has occurred. We had a flat tyre today, well I thought it was flat, it was shredded. Although locking nut is 1600km away, being that tomorrow is Good Friday, not going to be able do much until Saturday.
I haven't even made plans to catch up with people yet. Feel slack and stressed. We are looking forward to a festival and a certain Bunny visiting :)
Happy Easter to all, however you celebrate.













No comments:

Post a Comment